Smart Cities Challenge Solutions Workshop
Representatives from the IT sector, newcomers and leaders from community agencies were brought together for an idea generation session to imagine possible solutions to Saint John’s Population Decline challenge that would leverage data and connected technology.
Thirty-five participants generated more than 80 ideas inspired by the following challenge statement:
How might we build a system that enables meaningful connections between newcomers and the community that becomes smarter over time, for:
- Gaining meaningful employment
- Creating high-value social and cultural experiences
- Enabling people to live well in Saint John
- Developing engaged citizens
- Leveraging community resources and goodwill
- Reducing cultural barriers
From this idea generation session, ideas were captured and further developed in to a solution for the Smart Cities Challenge submission.