Smart Cities Challenge Community Survey
The potential challenges identified in the stakeholder session were presented to the public as part of a Smart Cities Challenge Public survey. Respondents were also invited to offer additional challenges for consideration.
- Survey was in the public realm for approximately two weeks.
- 325 responses from a cross-section in our community
- More than 250 detailed comments (input, feedback suggestions – universally positive or constructive).
- 120 specific offers of support/help.
- Meaningful support and thoughtful comments with respect to all 6 short-listed challenge themes.
- Population Decline emerged as the most significant challenge for the City to tackle
- Other challenge areas identified: immigration, poverty, taxes, transit, roads/parking, health, technology, the economy and tourism.
Below are some graphs that provide insight into the survey results: