This is, by definition, a community-driven project. The Smart Cities Challenge project is being led by the City of Saint John in partnership with Enterprise Saint John & EY, but it could not have happened without its many partners and a core team of dedicated volunteers.
Hundreds of residents have provided input, with hundreds of volunteer hours invested to date in the Smart Cities journey from a wide cross-section of economic, social and environmental community leaders.
Partners involved in the design and writing of the Smart Cities Challenge application:
- City of Saint John;
- Enterprise Saint John;
- EY, a global professional services firm with a Saint John-based data analytics team;
- T4G a national ICT consultancy and lead technology partner for Community Data Project;
- Saint John Multicultural and Newcomers Resource Centre, the lead settlement agency for newcomers arriving through economic streams;
- Urban and Community Institute at the University of New Brunswick Saint John; and,
- Wicked Ideas Media, a public engagement consultancy and solutions journalism site.
Over the next few months, we will be looking to add new partners in the following six categories:
- Public sector partners – will provide project leadership and strategic direction, help facilitate connections, coordinate public engagement activities, and support research.
- Technology partners – will provide technical leadership in all areas of the project, including project management.
- Community partners – will provide insights and advice on how to co-create community solutions for sustained population growth.
- Academic sector partners – will support both qualitative and quantitative data analysis and research. Academic institutions will also provide insight on attracting and retaining international students.
- Public engagement and communications partners – will assist with public engagement strategic planning and activities.
- Financial partners – will contribute financially to help ensure the successful implementation of this important project
If you would like to partner in Saint John’s Smart Cities Challenge project please contact us at SCC.Partners@saintjohn.ca
The following organizations provided letters of support. They believe in the value of this project and will offer their subject matter expertise and will be involved in the next phase of the project: